Tuesday, 22 January 2008

The Power Of Christ Compels You

That's what I said.

You see, I've got a great deal of respect for those crazy ass Zen Masters who sit on a mountain top and are totally at one with the world.

I think it's awesome - and not only that, I think that these men are like relay racers. They cultivate the flame of awareness, carry the torch, so to speak.

You see, every single religion started with some dude who was hooked the fuck up.

Let's take the one example that's going to piss everyone off - Jesus.

Heheheh.

I love flaunting my Christianity. There's something so cringeworthy about the 'J' word. There's not much you can do to freak out your work colleagues when you work in RSD, but the Christian thing? Love it. They just get really awkward.

Apart from Tim, of course. But don't you worry. I'll get him somehow.

I want to pick the JC example because it's such an extreme case.

Now, most people think of Jesus as this sanctimonious, holier than thou twat who preached at people to meet these impossible moral standards, then died.

And from one point of view, they're right.

That point of view is the point of view of orthodox Christian theology.

It's fascinating.

If you look at the life of Jesus as represented in the Gospels, you find something very interesting.

His story goes like this.

He starves himself in the desert.

He sees Satan.

Satan tempts him, and he resists.

He comes out of the desert healing people left, right and centre.

He becomes something of a celebrity.

Then he goes to Jerusalem, and begins to talk about where he's coming from.

Then he goes to the temple, and kicks the fuck off.

Then he's arrested.

Then he's killed.

Then he comes back, imbues his followers with superhero powers and flies off like Neo.

And that's it.

It's interesting, because about 50 years ago in Nag Hammadi, a scroll was found from first century Palestine detailing the 'sayings' of Jesus. It had no narrative, just a collection of his sayings, a lot of them unknown.

It was declared a heretical text by the various Christian Churches, and sidelines. You can read it online at this link:


The interesting thing is it contains sayings like this:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all."

And it says things like this:

"When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Hmm.

Slightly different vibe, huh? Slightly more intense, and insightful. Less easily categorized as 'moral preaching'.

It's funny - the thing about 'moral preaching' is that the only people who ever listen to it are hypocrites.

And the funny thing about 'morality' in general is that it's basically nothing more or less than the machinery of judgment and condemnation.

The irony is that even in the accepted Gospels, Jesus says that we should not judge, nor should we condemn.

He doesn't qualify this.

He just says it.

Don't judge. Ever.

Don't condemn. Ever.

This essentially undermines the principle of justice on which all human morality is based.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

This Jesus guy was not a moral man.

He was, if anything, anti-morality.

And quite openly so.

Here, check this out, again from the Gospel of Thomas:

"I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."

Interesting.

What's he talking about here?

I think he's talking about the ability to tap into the core essence of one's very humanity, the link we each share with the infinite consciousness that is our birthright as humans.

What did the big JC do? Here's what I think.

He clicked to something massive. Some power, the power of Zen, or Allah, or infinity, or God, or whatever label you want to stick on to it - he united with it.

And once he'd united with it, he knew that he had to communicate it with the world, because if he could trigger a process that would lead to the whole world hooking into this power as he had, the world would move beyond morality as he did - and there would be no more conflict either inside people's minds, or outside in the world.

Here's another interesting one:

"If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits."

Hmmmm.

Interesting.

Let's read that again, shall we?

"If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits."

So what you're saying here is that the machinery of morality will chain you down and fuck you up, isn't it? That's what you're saying, isn't it, Jesus?

I thought so.

He also said this, which I think is cool:

"Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye."

Sounds like a dude to me.

I also like this one:

"Congratulations to the person who has toiled and found life."

And how about this little humdinger?

"Whoever does not hate father and mother cannot be my disciple, and whoever does not hate brothers and sisters... will not be worthy of me."

What the fuck?

Hate?

From the mouth of the vaunted 'lamb of God?'

Interesting.

What's he talking about here? You hate them?

Really?

I think he's talking about total destruction of any attachment to other people or things - even your close family.

In fact, I think it's pretty obvious that's what he means.

It's a little bit like Buddhism - only much more hardcore.

And that's what's emerging, isn't it? He's like Buddha, only far more extreme. Much more hardcore. No soft edges on this motherfucker. Just straight up "this is what you do."

And why would you do all this shit, huh?

Why would you do all this crazy ass shit?

Well, from the mouth of the man himself it's so that you can enter the 'Kingdom of God'.

Kingdom.

God.

Interesting words those.

It's almost as if everyone just assumes that this means the afterlife.

It's even more interesting that everyone (myself as a kid included) assumes this when Jesus explicitly states on multiple occasions that the opposite is true.

Here's an example, but all four Gospels are littered with stuff like this:

"His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it.""

Kingdom.

God.

Ok, so what's a Kingdom?

Well, a lot of theologians start talking about kingship, lordship, all that jazz.

But no-one seems to be getting even more basic than that.

What's a Kingdom?

A country. A place. A state. A nation.

It's a domain.

And God.

Well, a lot of theologians start talking about first causes, about creators, about a whole shitload of stuff.

For me, it's becoming increasingly apparent that what the truly Holy men and women referred to as 'God' is exactly the same phenomenon - exactly the same - as that infinite stillness that Zen connects you to.

As that moment of awe when you see something that your rational mind can't process.

As the sublime which poets write of.

The infinite reality of which we all are part.

So 'Kingdom of God' could very easily translate as 'Domain of Infinite Reality'.

In fact, I'll go further and say that it's pretty fucking obvious that this is what that sandal wearing hippy was talking about - and not some autocratic intergalactic bastard with a grudge against apple-eaters and a twitchy smiting hand.

So here's the thing.

I don't think Jesus was dispensing moral advice.

I think he was describing reality as he saw it, and I think he was doing that for a reason.

And the reason is this:

Power.

Unbelievable, and uncorruptible power.

You see, as I cultivate the authenticity I have - as I continue on my quest to shatter the conceptual apparatus of my identity and ego, I discover that I am a great deal more powerful than I have ever been.

I recently discovered that when I was out pulling chicks using pure honesty, I was so good that even world class pickup artists who know and trust me are highly sceptical that the things I did ever happened.

I think this is hilarious. I had no idea I was that good.

But here's the thing - all of my 'methods' cannot be used for ill.

All the things I teach simply do not register in the minds of people who are selfish. They think I'm lying, that I achieve what I achieve by trickery.

It simply does not fit into their world view that authenticity - that honesty itself - has a visceral power that simply cannot be rivalled by any other human agency.

You see, the power of authenticity is incorruptible power. It is the power to walk up to any woman in any situation, and fuck her within minutes if that is your will.

Yes, you heard me. Minutes.

It's the power to hold your cool under pressure that would shatter a normal man's mind, and make decisions of such insight and brilliance that others are blown backward by the near supernatural levels of genius you display.

It's the power to float above all negativity - to transcend struggles that would destroy even great men by widening your perspective and seeing solutions of such dizzying potency that others will stop in their tracks and follow you into hell if you ask them to.

It's the power to surf the crest of chaos itself.

It's all the power there is, or ever could be.

And it's right there, right here, right inside us all the time - as long as we can rise above the universe of 'judgment,' 'condemnation,' and 'morals,' and dwell in the domain of infinite reality.

And in that place, there are many different powers I think, awaiting our discovery. The descriptions of 'psychics' and 'mystics,' 'mediums' and 'spiritualists' all share commonalities which are so pronounced that only arrogance, judgmentalism and the desire to disdain with which our reality is riven obscures this obvious truth.

But of course - once you've categorized a power, you've imbedded it in the world of conceptual thought and cut if off from the original source of it's power... the domain of infinite reality.

And once it's cut off from the source, it loses it's wholeness. Or, to use another word for wholeness - it loses it's integrity.

And then, when you chase after it, you are chasing a phantom - and it destroys you.

This, I believe, is true even when talking about the most crazy-ass levels of power. That's why psychics and mediums are such weird motherfuckers. They're chasing power.

And chasing power is a fucking stupid thing to do.

Because you don't need to chase what you already are.

Here's why I'm a Christian. Because of all the holy men who've ever walked the earth, Christ alone believed in global redemption.

I love Zen. I love it. I find it so much more potent than anything else I've ever encountered for stripping the self-delusion from you and riveting you to reality.

But the goal of Zen is Zen.

The purpose of Zen is Zen.

And the point of Zen is Zen.

I call it recreational enlightenment. You punch into the domain of infinite reality, then just 'Zen out' for fifty years.

Maybe you take on a student. Maybe you don't.

It's all very Zen.

And frankly, it's not for me.

I'm the least Zen guy I know.

I'm so not Zen, that I want to take Zen and wield it like a sword to destroy the internal and external conflicts which wrack this globe and threaten our species.

I always find it amusing when people tell me that this can't be done. I find it funny because that kind of talk just riles me up more and makes me more set on doing it.

Doing what, you say?

Aye - well I'll tell ye.

If a man could connect totally with reality itself, here and now, he would have the full powers of the communications revolution and the information age at his disposal.

If a man could crack the code on waking people up to full connection with that domain, the domain of infinite reality, he could package that idea, and sell it.

And in selling it, he could create a business - a self-help business in the existing industry using proven techniques to drive this information into the popular consciousness like a fucking piledriver.

This isn't about 'discovering the meaning of life'. It's about unleashing the meaning of life.

And that is how a man could become a millionaire, and save the world doing it.

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

9 comments:

Freelancer said...

Jezus man, to use a 'new agey' term this stuff so vibes with me its redicilous.

Dude, forget about the money though.

Not that it ain't fun or anything.

The thing is.

In a world you describe there ain't no money.

Very little of todays society CAN survive.

Imagine Tolle working for the government.

He'll just fucking zen out and not get anything done.

Its not something he cares about.

To work in a crappy ass job, like a governments job.

They need some kind of 'compensation' like money stuff.

If nobody gives a shit about money.

Then society as we know it crumbles.

A new world will arise.

More beautifull then anything we can imagine now.

More peacefull then the greatest nations in the world today.

More joyous then the most joyfull person today.

I think even you underestimate the fucking scope of effects this will have.

Its massive. Colossal. Nuclear.

Its destruction for the status quo.

When you say 'this is self destruction' then you ain't fucking kidding.

This is like dropping a nuke the size of the moon on our current system.

Chaos will come around.

Those arrived in the kingdom of god will be the ones to 'survive' this time.

That is my profecy.

And I think its going to happen faster then most people think.

I'm not fucking joking either.

Fullcrum said...

WTF freelancer is that you?

Haha.

Anyway, awesome article. Really.

You should buy the Genius Code by Learning Strategies Corporation (paraliminals and photoreading).

Fucking potent brain-food. You tap into the subconscious for all your insights. With what you've brought to consciousness already, image how much more awaits in the recesses of your unconscious waiting to be synthesized into, say, a concrete method for doing this.

This is not a sales pitch. I'm using it now and it's fucking awesome - you really think on a different level.

The methods in the course themselves are free and can be found on the project Renaissance website (they create new methods of problem-solving and want to reform education towards a more "Socratic Method."

If you go to this place read all their Creative Problem Solving methods (CPS). Particularly High Think-Tank, Over-the-wall, and image streaming.

Basically this is learning how to learn. So when you want to express the stillness/energy in you, it comes out in a more profound way.

What that may be for you.

You can get the techniques for free on the Project Renaissance website, but if you want it in method form, check out the Genius Code.

rob said...

Top blogging.
Enjoyed reading that.

Great points about some of the gospel sayings.
The truth of being shines out from here and there in the gospels, but unfortunately the major Christian religions have eyes but do not see.

Anonymous said...

Nice post man. Keep up the blog.

Anonymous said...

Holy fuck man..This SO goes hand-in-hand with "Conversation with myself" with Alan Watts.

He says we've made one, general mistake by trying to UNDERSTAND the world with our brain, and taking for granted that "since we know it" (we don't) we can BETTER IT.

He says we connect our behaviours, what our BODY does with WHO WE ARE. And that we have to realize we are all we are...we're everything that is still working when we tense up.
Think that's what you're hitting at.
That we're already there. That we need to reconnect with universe. And I think we need to stop thiinking about it, and erase "hard" or "difficult" from the equation because that's another doorway into identification with ego and tensing up. Only need to REALIZE reality exists and only by doing the right thing, responding not reacting to the world as we EXPERIENCE it - not CONCEPTUALIZE AROUND IT - can we see it, see what really happens and sense what needs to be done...and then without judgement, there'll be just DOING left. awesome.

Incredible article. Post it on RSDN!
/Kak√°nr1

tanner (amishrakefight) said...

Hey man, this is some interesting stuff.

I don't think you knew this about me (nor cared :p), but I grew up as an evangelical Christian, and then ditched it for awhile, and then went back to it.

Now that I've kind of oscillated between the two extremes, I find I have much more interesting perspective on organized religious than I did before.

But I don't really know about this. What translation of the Bible are you using for the Luke 17:20-21? I'm pretty sure the last part says:

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within[b] you."

Now, this was definitely food for thought, because I hadn't read that passage before. But after reading it in context with the vast amount of other times Jesus mentions the Kingdom of God, this seems a little far-fetched.

Trust me, Ciaran, you know that I respect you through the roof - I've made that more than clear through the brief conversations we've had.

But this definitely isn't the message that Jesus is trying to communicate during this discourse. Of the 55 times the Kingdom of God is spoken of, only one or two describes it being "in you." There is an incredible amount of context throughout the Gospels that requires a little bit more study than that.

And I'm sure you expected reponses like this when you posted it.

Are opinions like these popular? Definitely not.
But are they truth? In my humble opinion, yes.

I want you to believe me on this - this comment isn't to stir up controversy or anything petty like that. I didn't know where else to send it, and this seemed like the best spot.

I just wanted you to see the slight misinterpretation that seems to be present in your post and in your philosophy. I know that sometimes I pull things out of context when I'm trying to support my point - maybe that's what happened?

And if it's not, I suppose I can respect that. I don't support it or believe it's right. But I respect your opinion.

Anyway, I love everything else, and keep up the good work! Sorry to drop such a negativity bomb on your party haha

Tanner

Atmosphere said...

Heaven is closer than you 'think'.

I'm reading this blog with interest, though your perspective humours me.

Everything you want to do, everything you want to achieve is already happening...

It is the ebb and flow of our existance, and if you were not to stand up to the plate then somebody would take your place. As they already are.

There is nothing to be done except to accept and witness everything in all its beauty.

Anonymous said...

You're a fucking maniac and I love it.

I feel so relieved and excited having read this post because this is exactly what I am seeing at this moment. I have had glimpses into moments of crazy shit going down because of my honesty and genuineness which defied pick up rules etc.

Of course, I lost it because I began to chase it and get caught up in my ego and all that shit.

I love your writing style, I can't help but feel all pumped and invigorated as I read it.

Occam said...

This rings very true. I can get on board with Christianity seen through this Zen lens.